Nothing tastes like winter like a dollop of spiced chutney. Simmer apples, pears, cranberries, and onion until soft and jam-like. Add in warm spices and just a touch of black pepper for a perfectly sweet and savory bite. Our Collagen Peptides dissolve seamlessly for added nutrients and protein. Best enjoyed alongside slow-roasted meats or overtop baked winter squash.
Warm Winter Chutney
Yields about 4 cups
- ½ sweet or white onion
- 2 medium apples
- 2 large pears
- 8 oz. fresh cranberries
- 2 medium oranges, juice and zest
- 3 T honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground ginger
- ⅛ t allspice
- ⅛ t ground cloves
- ½ C chopped dried fruit (any combo of raisins, cherries, crystallized ginger or more cranberries will work great)
- ½ t sea salt
- ¼ t black pepper
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Roughly chop the onion, apples, and pears.
- Add them in stages to the bowl of a large food processor and pulse until chopped into small chunky pieces.
- Pour into a large saucepan. Repeat with the cranberries.
- Add the orange zest & juice, honey, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, dried fruit, sea salt, and black pepper to the pan. Stir well.
- Place over medium heat and cover partially with a lid. Cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chutney has reduced to your desired texture.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Collagen Peptides before serving.