For those of us who are careful about what we put in our body, hot chocolate is usually more of a dessert filled with sugar, and less of a nutritious drink. Well, we found a workaround in this incredible Vital Proteins Hot Chocolate Whey drink – and it can help to benefit your skin, hair and nails!
A hot chocolate that helps skin, hair & nails
Made with Vital Proteins Cocoa & Coconut Water Collagen Whey, this creamy hot chocolate drink is not only better than a store-bought variety, it’s a powerhouse of healthy ingredients. Here is a quick breakdown of what you can expect:
- probiotics and fiber that can aid in digestion
- antibacterial and energy boosting benefits of lauric acid in coconut milk
- flavonol and polyphenol antioxidant power in cacao powder.
The greatest thing about this warm and natural chocolate drink (aside from the chocolate) is the collagen. Hopefully you’re familiar with collagen. If you’re not, your body sure is! Collagen is responsible for keeping our skin, hair, tendons, cartilage, bones and joints looking and feeling good! This recipe contains 27 grams of collagen whey protein, which, even in a hot chocolate, is a great way to ensure your health is more optimal.
Grab a pot and start cooking! Enjoy this drink warm or store it in the fridge and enjoy it over ice on a warm day.
Hot Chocolate Whey
Yields: 2 servings
1 cup almond milk
1 cup canned light coconut milk
2 tablespoon cacao powder
¼ cup honey or maple syrup
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
2 scoops Vital Proteins Cocoa & Coconut Water Collagen Whey
- Add the almond milk, coconut milk, cacao powder, honey, vanilla extract, nutmeg and sea salt to a medium saucepan.
- Stir well and place over medium heat. Continue to stir until the cacao powder is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Cocoa and Coconut Water Collagen Whey until dissolved. Serve immediately.