Some people add our Beef Gelatin to a cup of hot tea to start off their day. But did you know this collagen protein also makes a great foundation for the traditional Italian dessert panna cotta. Due to it being partially hydrolyzed, our Beef Gelatin gels up when chilled to create a wonderfully thick and creamy pudding. With the delicious combination of pumpkin, coconut milk and maple syrup, you won’t even notice that our version is dairy-free. This festive treat is great for Thanksgiving but can be enjoyed any time of the year.
Pumpkin-Spice Panna Cotta
Yields 2 servings
- 1 14-oz. can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated
- ½ C canned pumpkin purée
- ⅓ C maple syrup
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- ⅛ t grated nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- ½ t sea salt
- 2 t. Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- Carefully open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the separated cream from the top (the amount will vary from can to can but should be about ½ cup).
- Place the coconut cream in a mixing bowl and put the bowl in the refrigerator.
- Pour the remaining coconut milk in a medium saucepan along with the pumpkin purée, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and sea salt.
- Whisk well to combine and place the saucepan over medium heat. Heat until the mixture feels warm to the touch.
- Sprinkle in the Beef Gelatin and whisk well.
- Continue to whisk for another 1-2 minutes to dissolve the Beef Gelatin.
- Turn the heat off and pour the mixture into 2 small glass cups.
- Move the cups to the refrigerator and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the mixture gels and becomes firm.
- Before serving, remove the bowl with coconut cream from the refrigerator and beat with a mixer on high speed about 1-2 minutes, or until fluffy.
- Top the Pumpkin-Spice Panna Cotta with the whipped coconut cream and serve immediately.