A nourishing and satisfying treat, this Spiced Almond Butter Cookies are a chewy bite of winter. They’re rich in protein from almonds and our Beef Gelatin, which also acts as a binder, and have just the right amount of spice. They’re also both grain free and egg free (and can also be made dairy free) so they’re perfect for those with allergy concerns.
Spiced Almond Butter Cookies
Yields about 16 small cookies
- ¼ C creamy almond butter
- 2 T softened butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- ¼ C maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 C almond flour
- 2 T tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 2 t Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- Large pinch of ground nutmeg
- ½ t baking soda
- ¼ t sea salt
- Course sugar or sea salt, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Have a large cookie sheet ready lined with parchment or a silpat mat.
- Add the almond butter, softened butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca starch, Beef Gelatin, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and sea salt. Mix again until the dough comes together and everything is mixed well, about 60 seconds.
- Portion the dough out with a cookie scoop. Use a fork to press a cross-hatch shape on the top of each. Sprinkle with coarse sugar or sea salt, as desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden. Remove them immediately to a cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving. Extras are best stored in the refrigerator.