A perfect one pot meal, this Sausage and Potato Frittata makes a delicious centerpiece for your weekend brunch or make it ahead for an easy weekday breakfast. Our Collagen Peptides contain such a wide array of amino acids that they fill the gaps well in any dish — like this frittata — making for a more complete protein source. That equals greater satiety (feeling full for longer!) and better muscle building capacity, if that’s your thing.
Sausage and Potato Frittata
Yields 4 servings
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ½ C filtered water
- 6 eggs
- 1 t sea salt
- ½ t ground pepper
- 1 potato, cubed small
- ½ red or white onion, diced
- 2 Italian sausages, cubed small
- 4 C fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Combine the Collagen Peptides and filtered water in a large measuring cup. Whisk well to dissolve the collagens (it will be thick). Add the eggs, sea salt, and ground pepper and whisk together. Set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add a bit of oil (high-heat cooking oil like avocado or coconut oil), the chopped potatoes and onions.
- Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped sausage and continue to sauté until everything is browned, another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until it’s just wilted, about 60 seconds.
- Turn the heat off and pour the ingredients into a 9″ round baking dish (it helps to have the round dish sitting on a large baking sheet for moving to the oven without spilling).
- Spread out the sausage potato mix evenly across the bottom of the pan. Pour the egg mix over top.
- Move the pan into the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes after cooking before cutting and serving.