This Melon Mint Smoothie Bowl is a healthy way to get into spring!
Benefits of Honeydew Melon
Benefits of Coconut
Benefits of Avocado
Benefits of Honey
Benefits of Lemon
Lemons are more than just a garnish to your cold glass of water! Lemons are packed with the antioxidant Vitamin C and citric acid which is essential for skin health (6). Since lemons contain so much Vitamin C, they can help to increase the absorption of iron from complementary foods as well (6).
- 1 serving Melon Mint Beauty Water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 cup honeydew melon
- 1/3 avocado
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon
- Garnish with mint and chia seeds
- Add all ingredients, except for the mint and chia seeds, to a blender. Blend until smooth. pour into your favorite bowl, sprinkle on some mint and chia seeds, grab a spoon and enjoy.
(3) Lu, Q., Zhang, Y., Wang, Y., Wang, D., Lee, R., Gao, K., . . . Heber, D. (2009). California Hass Avocado: Profiling of Carotenoids, Tocopherol, Fatty Acid, and Fat Content during Maturation and from Different Growing Areas. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry,57(21), 10408-10413. doi:10.1021/jf901839h
(4) Naveh E., Werman M. J., Sabo E., Neeman I. Defatted avocado pulp reduces body weight and total hepatic fat but increases plasma cholesterol in male rats fed diets with cholesterol. Journal of Nutrition. 2002;132(7):2015–2018.
(5) Nele Gheldof, Xiao-Hong Wang, Nicki J. Engeseth. Identification and quantification of antioxidant components of honeys from various floral sources. J Agric Food Chem. 2002 Oct 9; 50(21): 5870–5877.
(6) Wintergerst, E. S., Maggini, S., & Hornig, D. H. (2006). Immune-Enhancing Role of Vitamin C and Zinc and Effect on Clinical Conditions. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism,50(2), 85-94. doi:10.1159/000090495
(7) Alam, Fahmida, Md. Asiful Islam, Siew Hua Gan, and Md. Ibrahim Khalil. “Honey: A Potential Therapeutic Agent for Managing Diabetic Wounds.” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine2014 (2014): 1-16. doi:10.1155/2014/169130.