Nothing beats snuggling up on the couch with an oversized blanket and a warm cup of hot tea – or pumpkin spice latte – on brisk fall mornings. Of course, this particular experience is something we look forward to every year. But as is true with many things in life, tweaks to our current ritual are almost always expected as we grow older.
Maybe your present moments of self-care now occur weekly instead of daily. Maybe you lost your fuzzy blanket and had to replace it with one that barely covers your feet. Alas, nothing ever truly remains the same – and that’s okay! Especially when said change means upgrading your usual beverage situation with one that has the potential to become your new go-to morning drink.
Our Oat Milk Latte does just that while providing you with a new DIY skill: making your own oat milk before transforming it into a latte. Chances are oatmeal lovers will already have the five ingredients (rolled oats, water, sea salt, maple syrup and vanilla extract) needed to make their own oat milk. And if you’re a coffee fan too, making it into a latte will come easy since the recipe calls for espresso or brewed coffee.
Of course, no beverage would be complete without the addition of our Collagen Peptides for an added health boost in hair, skin and nails.
Let’s give this new season a proper welcome, shall we?
Oat Milk Latte
- 1 C rolled oats (use gluten-free if needed)
- 4 C water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1/2 t vanilla extract (optional)
- Add oats, water, salt to a blender and blend on high for one minute. Do not over-blend.
- Run the mixture through a fine strainer or cheesecloth over a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer to a pitcher or sealed container and refrigerate.
Oat Milk Latte
- 1 C oat milk
- 4 oz. of espresso or ½ cup of brewed coffee
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- In a small saucepan, add oat milk, vanilla, cinnamon heat on low, do not boil.
- Add to a mug with espresso/coffee.
- Add Collagen Peptides and mix until fully blended with a milk frother (or can add all ingredients to blender).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon as desired!