Try this no-bake cheesecake infused with coffee and vanilla. It tastes decadent, but is full of healthy fats and collagen protein.
A no-bake cheesecake might sound too good to be true, but this is a simple, healthy recipe that we’ve created. We have taken elements of a regular dairy-filled cheesecake and upgraded the ingredients for a lighter, healthier cake that can be made without the use of an oven.
The key to making a creamy no-bake cheesecake is using cashews and coconut oil. The cashews are soaked so they can blend up easily. Coconut oil is then added to help solidify the cake while it sets in the freezer. Add in maple syrup for a natural sweetener, and you have replaced all of the more unhealthy features of a traditional cheesecake with real foods. What makes this no-bake cheesecake special is the freshly brewed coffee added to it for an authentic coffee flavor. You can use regular coffee beans or decaffeinated coffee — just be sure to brew high-quality organic coffee beans.
Since we made a coffee-flavored cheesecake, it only seemed fitting to put our Collagen Creamer in it. Now you can add Collagen Creamers to your cup of joe and this cake, too. Our Collagen Creamers are the perfect combination of coconut milk and collagen peptides. They blend well into all kinds of recipes, like these Paleo Muffins.
If you plan on making this no-bake cheesecake, give yourself some time to allow for soaking the cashews and letting it set in the freezer. One great tool to use is a springform pan. This allows the cake to hold its shape so you can remove the sides for easier cutting and serving. Use a heavy-duty blender to blend the cheesecake ingredients nice and smooth. A food processor or blender will do the trick for making the crust. Once the crust is processed, press it firmly into the springform pan so that it covers the bottom of the pan all the way to the edge. Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the crust and then set in the freezer for at least four hours. It is really that easy! Once you are ready to serve the cake, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw a few minutes before removing the springform side and slicing it up.
Serve this coffee-infused no-bake cheesecake with some coconut whipped cream on top, and grab an espresso to sip on. It really will take your dessert game to the next level.
- 2 C cashews, soaked overnight or 1 hour in freshly boiled water
- ¼ C coconut oil, room temperature or melted
- ¼ C maple syrup
- 2 scoops Collagen Creamer
- ⅓ C brewed coffee
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ¼ - ½ C water or non-dairy milk, as needed to facilitate blending
- 1 C pecans
- 1 C dates, pitted
- ¼ t sea salt
- 2 T non-dairy milk
- Line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all crust ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until a smooth mixture is formed and sticks together when pinched with two fingers.
- Pour crust mixture into the springform pan and press down firmly so that the crust covers the entire pan.
- Drain cashews and add into a high-powered blender, along with coconut oil, maple syrup, Collagen Creamer, brewed coffee and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth, adding water as needed to facilitate blending.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over the crust and place in the freezer for at least four hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer when ready to serve and let defrost for a few minutes before slicing.
- Serve with some coconut whipped cream and espresso.
Sarah Anderson is a freelance recipe writer, personal chef, and Certified Holistic Health Coach. She focuses primarily on healthy gluten-free and Paleo recipes. You can find her recipes and personal work on Instagram and Facebook @whitestripekitchen.