If you’ve been wondering how to incorporate matcha into your life beyond the Matcha Collagen Latte, this matcha waffle recipe is for you. These Paleo matcha waffles with our Matcha Collagen will be a nice feature at your next boozy brunch.
The reason that matcha tea is all the rage right now is not without warrant. Matcha tea comes from green tea leaves that have been pulverized into a fine powder, making the antioxidants and nutrients in the matcha tea readily available to the body. Drinking matcha tea provides up to 137 times the antioxidants found in regular green tea leaves that are just steeped in hot water. And we like antioxidants for their ability to fight oxidative stress and free radicals that can cause all kinds of issues.
The matcha waffle recipe wouldn’t be complete without the addition of collagen. The good news for you is that our matcha tea and collagen are combined in one product, our Matcha Collagen. Collagen Peptides help provide support to the connective tissues, as collagen is the largest protein found in the body and is absorbed quickly by the body when taken orally or ingested.
The Matcha Collagen is delicious on its own, of course, but I wanted to add it into this Matcha Waffle recipe for a sweet and savory flavor profile. Peaches are naturally abundant in their own set of antioxidants and nutrients. The perfect topping for these Matcha Waffles is a peach glaze, using only peaches, a little bit of honey and some fresh ginger root. Don’t worry if you can’t find fresh peaches in the middle of winter; you can easily use frozen peaches to make this simple glaze with fabulous results.
RELATED: Try Our Matcha Collagen!
The base of these Paleo Matcha Waffles are almond flour, arrowroot starch and coconut flour. Almond flour and coconut flour help provide a hearty structure to the waffles, while arrowroot starch creates a soft center inside the waffle. This Matcha Waffle recipe is perfect for someone who is looking to avoid gluten or go Paleo in the new year. Include these waffles on your next brunch menu and wow everyone with their bright green color and sweet and spicy peach glaze!
Yields 2 large waffles
- 1 C almond flour
- ½ C arrowroot starch
- ¼ C coconut flour
- ¼ C fine shredded coconut
- 2 scoops Matcha Collagen
- 1 t baking soda
- ¼ t salt
- ½ C coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 t honey
- 1 t apple cider vinegar
Peach Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 C peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 3 T honey
- 1 T water
- 1 t fresh ginger root
- ¼ t salt
- In a large saucepan, add in peaches, honey, water, fresh ginger root and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then let simmer on low for 10-15 minutes while preparing waffles, stirring occasionally. Break up the peaches into smaller chunks with a spatula while simmering.
- Preheat waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s settings.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, shredded coconut, Matcha Collagen, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until combined and no large clumps remain.
- In a separate bowl, add in coconut milk, eggs, vanilla extract, honey and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until well-combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until well-combined.
- Pour one-half of the mixture onto the waffle maker for large waffles, or about one-fourth of the mixture for smaller waffles.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on top. (Makes two large waffles, or four smaller waffles.)
- Serve immediately, adding peach glaze to the top of the waffles.