Our intentions for the new year include being more mindful and becoming the best version of ourselves. And that journey most certainly includes a morning ritual infused with extra frothy matcha lattes. How about if we told you that we’ve created delicious recipes for you to enjoy matcha throughout the entire day? Well, consider yourself informed. Matcha boasts more antioxidants than a cup of green tea. Matcha also contains L-theanine, a powerful amino acid that helps you relax, all while enhancing your mood and increasing concentration.
Our convenient Matcha Collagen makes it easy to include this superfood in every aspect of your day. From lattes to sweet treats, our Matcha Collagen blends seamlessly. It is the perfect addition to our Macadamia Cookie Sandwiches, which contain a creamy center of matcha filling. Best news: This recipe is free of grains and refined sugar, so your resolutions are safe here!
Macadamia Cookie Sandwiches with Matcha Filling
Yields 18 cookies
- 1 flax egg or 1 whole egg
- 1/3 C coconut sugar
- 2 T coconut oil, softened (not melted)
- 2 T plain cashew or almond butter
- ½ t vanilla extract
- 1¼ C almond flour
- ½ t baking soda
- ¼ t salt
- 1/3 C macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 C dairy-free plain cream cheese or ghee
- ¼ C coconut butter, softened
- 3 t Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- 2 T raw honey
- To make the flax egg, mix 1 T ground flax seed with 2.5 T water in small bowl, set aside to set for 5 minutes.
- In medium mixing bowl, add coconut sugar, softened coconut oil, cashew butter, vanilla extract, and flax egg. Combine with fork until well incorporated.
- Next, add almond flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Fold in macadamia nuts.
- Using small cookie scoop or table spoon, scoop out even portions of dough and roll into small balls. Evenly disperse on lined cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before filling.
- To make filling, add cream cheese to mixing bowl along with coconut butter, matcha collagen, and honey. Mix with electric mixer until well combined.
- Spoon out desired amount of filling and place on flat side of a cookie. Find a cookie of similar size and sandwich together. Repeat until all cookies are filled. Enjoy!