This healthy holiday bark recipe is both delicious and festive. Made with Vital Proteins’ Matcha Collagen, it’s also packed with clean collagen protein.
Festive bark is one of the most seasonally pleasing desserts out there. You can make a colorful bark for pretty much every occasion… But arguably, the holiday season is the best time to get your bark on.
This holiday bark is no exception. Matcha Collagen provides not only a beautiful green color to get you into the holiday spirit, it also boasts numerous health benefits. Matcha is packed with antioxidants and the calming amino acid L-theanine, while collagen supports all the body’s connective tissues, including the hair, skin, nails, bones, joints and cartilage.
This holiday bark is simple to make and even more effortless to… well… completely devour. All you need are a few basic ingredients, a baking pan, and some spare time to let it chill in your freezer.
- 2 oz. coconut butter
- 14 fl. oz. coconut cream
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Handful of chopped almonds
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- ½ cup water
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut butter and coconut cream together.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together water and Matcha Collagen.
- Pour coconut mixture onto baking sheet.
- Drizzle in matcha.
- Sprinkle in almonds.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and break apart into shards.
- Store in an airtight container in freezer.