Satisfy your sweet tooth with a healthy Espresso Panna Cotta
For a decadent end to your next weekend dinner at home, try these Espresso Panna Cotta. No dairy needed and naturally sweetened with maple syrup (the perfect pairing for coffee!), you won’t finish your serving feeling heavy. It’s made with our Beef Gelatin for a rich, creamy pudding texture.
Besides being delicious, this sweet dessert has a variety of fantastic health benefits as a result of its healthy ingredients and added dose of vitamins and nutrients.
Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin is essential in supporting gut health due to it’s capabilities for helping the body produce gastric acid that helps with digestion (1). If you’re familiar with the benefits of collagen, gelatin is similar in that it aids in reinforcing the general wellness of the digestive tract lining (1).
Other than your morning energy boost, coffee has a surprising number of health benefits such as brain health (2), mood, energy levels (3), and more. The caffeine found in coffee has been shown to help physical performance, as it stimulates the nervous system, which breaks down body fat (4).
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Add the coconut milk, almond milk, and Vital Proteins Gelatin to a medium saucepan. Stir gently to stir in the gelatin. Let the milk rest for 3 minutes for the gelatin to bloom.
- Place the pan over medium low heat. Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, nutmeg, espresso powder, and sea salt to the pan. Whisk continuously until the gelatin is dissolved and the mixture is smooth. You may have to move the head to medium to fully melt the gelatin, depending on your stove.
- Portion the liquid between 4 ramekins or small jars. Move them to the refrigerator for 4-6 hours, or until fully chilled and firm.