Haley Shaw is a wellness specialist and public speaker for her company, Amp Up Fitness. Here, she shares some of her favorite collagen recipes, from fizzy drinks to a nutty-chocolate dessert.
It’s time to show off your skills in the kitchen with these collagen recipes. Whether you’re looking to make a refreshing mocktail or are in the mood for something sweet, we’ve got your cravings covered below.
Cheers! Let’s start with a drink or two, shall we?
Very Berry Lemon Refresher
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Glow (Tropical Hibiscus)
- 8 oz. sparkling water
- 8 oz. lemonade
- 1/4 C frozen berries
- Combine Collagen Beauty Glow to water and lemonade.
- Top it off with frozen berries and enjoy.
Of course, we’ll have to follow up our drinks with actual food.
Warm Egg White and Spinach Quiche
Yields 3 servings
- 1½ C egg whites
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 red pepper, chopped and diced
- 1 zucchini, chopped and quartered
- 2½ C spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ C cheese (optional)
- 2 t basil
- Combine eggs in bowl and set aside.
- Sauté garlic, red pepper and zucchini for 4-6 minutes. Then add spinach.
- After spinach is wilted, add skillet mixture to eggs and cheese and place in pan to bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy with some avocado slices if desired.
Say hello to your new favorite side dish.
Roasted Cinnamon and Spice Vegetables
Yields 6 servings
- 1 C brussels sprouts, cut into halves
- 2 C pre-cut butternut squash
- 1 C pre-cooked beets, diced
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Bone Broth Collagen
- 1/3 C water, lukewarm
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- Pepper to taste
- 2 T oil of choice
- 1 C pecan halves
- 1/2 C dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine brussels sprouts, squash, and cooked beets to a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together water and Vital Proteins Bone Broth Collagen in a measuring cup.
- Add mixture to vegetable bowl and mix until well combined.
- Evenly line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper and add vegetable mixture to sheets. Lightly drizzle oil of choice and seasonings.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Add pecans and cranberries and cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
Don’t forget the dessert a.k.a. everyone’s favorite part of the meal:
Nut Butter Chocolate Bars
Yields 2 bars
- 4 T coconut oil
- 1/3 C nut butter (chunky texture preferred)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Dark Chocolate & Coconut Water Collagen Whey
- Sliced almonds, optional
- Combine all ingredients together in pan.
- Place all ingredients in freezer for 5-10 minutes and enjoy! Leftovers should be stored in the fridge.