When searching for a healthy chocolate cake recipe, look no further than The Paleo Mom’s Collagen Veggie Blend Molten Lava Cake!
Combine the delicious taste of chocolate with fruits, veggies, and collagen with this healthy chocolate cake recipe from Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, aka The Paleo Mom. This Collagen Veggie Blend Molten Lava Cake is easy to make and gives you a healthy dose of vital nutrients, perfect for a guilt-free sweet snack.
Vital Proteins’ new Collagen Veggie Blend contains natural collagen protein along with 11 wholesome, USDA Organic fruits and veggies to support healthy hair, skin, nails, bones, and joints. Created in partnership with Dr. Ballantyne, the Collagen Veggie Blend is Whole30 Approved, paleo friendly, AIP approved, soy free, gluten free, and dairy free.
Work 20 grams of collagen and three servings of veggies into your diet with this Collagen Veggie Blend Molten Lava Cake recipe:
Collagen Veggie Blend Molten Lava Cake
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 scoops (42g) Collagen Veggie Blend
- additional 1-2 Tbsp each of coconut oil and cocoa powder to prepare ramekins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare four 6-oz ramekins. If you plan to serve in ramekins, there’s no need to grease and flour them. If you wish to inverse lava cakes onto a plate to serve, grease ramekins with coconut oil and dust with cocoa powder.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave on low power. (Alternately, you can melt in a double boiler.) Stir until smooth and let cool while preparing other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, salt and maple syrup if using with a hand mixer until light and frothy, about five minutes (this can seem like an eternity with a hand mixer, but hang in there because it’s worth it!).
- Pour Collagen Veggie Blend over the chocolate and then egg mixture over the top. Then gently fold all the ingredients together until complete combined.
- Pour batter into prepared ramekins (they should be filled to within 3/4” of the top). Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the oven (you can chill the ramekins for a few hours if you want to make them ahead of time, just make sure you bring them back to room temperature before baking).
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!