Fresh turmeric root is often difficult to use in cooking but can add a wonderful warm and peppery flavor to fresh-pressed juices like in this Turmeric Juice recipe. Press a small knob through your juicer along with orange, carrot, lemon, honey, and even ginger or cayenne pepper for an extra health boost. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides dissolve easily in any liquid, adding a flavorless protein to your juice. Great for sick days or as a regular part of any diet to help improve your wellbeing. Vital hack: If you’re not in the mood to DIY a turmeric creation, take our Restore Collagen Shot. It’s packed with good-for-you ingredients like tart cherry and turmeric.
Yields 2 servings
- 1 orange, peeled & sectioned
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 lemon, chopped (don’t peel)
- 4″ knob fresh turmeric, sliced
- 1-2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (per serving)
- 1 t raw honey (per serving)
- 1 clove garlic or pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Process the orange sections, chopped carrots, chopped lemon, and sliced turmeric through your juicer — following the instructions for your juicer (if using a garlic clove, process it through with the rest).
- Portion into servings, as desired.
- Stir in Collagen Peptides, raw honey, and cayenne pepper, as desired. Best if used within 12 hours of juicing.