Is there anyone who doesn’t love a good pizza? We certainly do, that’s for sure. We also love how easy it is to switch this classic up. We wanted a light and fresh ‘za for summer, so we’re taking a green spin on this one! With the addition of our Collagen Peptides, our Green Goddess Summer Pizza will have your taste buds happy and your hair, skin and nails healthy.
We wanted to get the most out of our pizza sauce, so we loaded it with nutritional punch. First, we added in a ton of mixed greens. You already know that you should eat your greens, but why? Dark, leafy greens are full of fiber, vitamin K, calcium, and tons of other vitamins and minerals. Greens help to keep your digestion on track, help you maintain a healthy weight, protect skin and eye-health, and more.
We also added two scoops of our Collagen Peptides. Why collagen? Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body, and it forms the basis of all of our connective tissue. However, as we age, we begin producing less and less. Our Collagen Peptides help to support hair, skin and nail health, as well as bone, joint and gut health.
This summery take on one of your favorite foods will be a new staple! With the addition of the Collagen Peptides in the sauce, you’re getting a boost of nutrition in a yummy way. It’s super easy to throw together with things you probably already have in the kitchen. Plus, you can always add more of your favorite veggies on top.
Green Goddess Summer Pizza
For the pesto:
2 cloves minced garlic
3 C spring mix greens
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t red pepper flakes
2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
For the the pizza:
1 package premade pizza dough
Greens and sprouts for topping
Hemp seeds for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine all pesto ingredients and process until a slightly chunky pesto is formed. Set aside.
- On a pizza tray, roll out your pizza until it’s between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick. Shape the crust so that it’s a little thicker than the rest of the pizza.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spread it on the pizza as a base. Then, add a layer of the pesto.
- Bake pizza in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for a few minutes.
- Top the pizza with more greens, sprouts and hemp seeds.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!