Turn your morning addiction into a healthier addition to your diet with this Frothy Butter Coffee recipe. A few extra moments spent with a blender will yield a tastier (and less expensive drink!) than your neighborhood coffee shop. Butter is really just cream with a little extra water in it so it’s a more natural pairing with coffee than some may think.
Butter that comes from grass-fed cows is much richer in omega 3s and vitamins A, D, E and K2 than conventionally raised cows. It’s also a great source of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and butyric acid, which are both proven to have heart protective properties. Adding in a bit more saturated fat in the form of your choice (coconut, red palm or MCT oil) only enhances those benefits and also aids in making this beverage thick and creamy. Use our hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides for a filling morning drink topped with a little sprinkle of cinnamon.
Why add in Collagen Peptides? Made with just one ingredient, this protein helps to encourage hair, skin and nail health, overall gut health, helps to support bones and joints, and helps to aid in muscle recovery. One to two scoops of Collagen Peptides per day can have you on your way to living a more vital life!
Frothy Butter Coffee with Collagen Peptides
Yields 1 serving
- 8-12 oz. fresh-brewed hot coffee
- 2 T grass-fed butter (can sub ghee)
- 1 T coconut, red palm or MCT oil
- 1-2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg or ginger (optional for garnish)
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed for 30-60 seconds until it’s thick and frothy. Enjoy immediately!
- Serve up this delicious (but healthy!) beverage and sip and savor your collagen!