A no bake recipe can be a welcome treat if baking in an oven is not your thing. They are perfect in the summer if you want to avoid the heat of the oven or if you need something quick to whip up for last minute guests. We made these no bake crispy brown rice treats that are perfect for any occasion.
These Crispy Brown Rice Treats are not only great for dessert, but make a tasty afternoon snack or kids treats. And speaking of kids, they are so easy to make, that even they can help put these together. Our Crispy Brown Rice Treats are reminiscent of the childhood favorite Rice Krispie Treats, but are made without sugar-y marshmallows and butter. So you can make these instead and feel good about eating them.
They come together in just a few minutes and need time in the refrigerator to firm up and then they are ready to eat. Mix together the liquid ingredients; the peanut butter, coconut butter and maple syrup. You can easily substitute almond butter or another nut butter for peanut butter. Coconut butter, or coconut manna, is shredded or flaked coconut that has been pureed into a butter consistency. If it is very solid, you can easily melt it in a small pot along with peanut butter and maple syrup over low heat until is well combined. Next, add in the Collagen Peptides for some extra collagen protein in your brown rice crispy treats, making sure it is totally dissolved in the liquid mixture. Then add in the puffed brown rice cereal and mix very well until all the pieces are well coated.
You can pour the mixture into a baking dish lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Use your hands to press the crispy treat mixture into the dish so that it is even and compact.
You definitely will want to top these no-bake Crispy Brown Rice Treats with dark chocolate. Chocolate and peanut butter make the best flavor combination. Melt dark chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave, mixing in some coconut oil. Coconut oil helps keep the dark chocolate soft after it has been refrigerated. Top the treats with dark chocolate and a little bit of sea salt. Refrigerate the crispy treats for about thirty minutes until firm.
Whip up these no-bake Crispy Brown Rice Treats next time you have a snack attack, and they’ll be ready in hardly any time at all.
- 1 C peanut butter
- ⅓ C coconut butter, melted
- ⅓ C maple syrup
- 2 scoops Collagen Peptides
- 3 C puffed brown rice cereal
- ½ C dark chocolate chips
- 1 T coconut oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, add in peanut butter, melted coconut butter and maple syrup and stir until well combined.
- 2. Add in Collagen Peptides and stir again. Add in puffed brown rice cereal and stir until well coated.
- 3. Line an 8X8 dish with parchment paper. Pour brown rice mixture into the dish and then press firmly with your hands to make it even and compact.
- 4. To make the dark chocolate topping, melt dark chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir in coconut oil. Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the treats and spread on top until completely covered.
- 5. Garnish with flaked sea salt or sea salt and let it firm up in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 6. Remove from the refrigerator when ready to serve and slice into squares.