‘Tis the season for all things gingerbread! Hopefully you’ve tried our delicious Collagen Creamers, including the Gingerbread flavor. These diverse creamers can be incorporated into any recipe your heart desires, so naturally a gingerbread loaf was in order.
Gingerbread cookies and loaves are a time-honored tradition for many cultures, including here in America, where the soft-baked loaves are more popular than the stiff variety used to make gingerbread houses. Ginger root was considered by many ancient civilizations as a valuable commodity, as it helped disguise the flavor of preserved food. It has been used in different forms and various tonics to help support digestion and the immune system.
Our Gingerbread Collagen Creamer contains all the spices needed to make an authentic gingerbread flavor, including dried ginger root, Ceylon cinnamon and nutmeg. These spices are naturally warming to the body, and are great to consume during the winter months. Coconut milk helps provide healthy fat, and hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides are the secret ingredient that separates this from any other creamer in the market. Our bodies are mostly made up of collagen protein, and as time passes, the amount we naturally create diminishes. Supplementing your diet with collagen peptides, whether from Collagen Creamers or our signature Collagen Peptides, is a great way to keep the status quo of collagen production.
Add this Gingerbread Loaf to your holiday baking to-do list and really get into the holiday spirit this season.
- 1 c cashew butter
- ½ c applesauce
- ½ c maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t fresh grated ginger root
- ¼ c cassava flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer, Gingerbread
- ¼ t salt
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer, Coconut
- 2 T coconut milk
- 2 T raw honey
- 1 t arrowroot starch
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a standard loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in cashew butter, applesauce, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract and fresh grated ginger root. Mix until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cassava flour, baking powder, Gingerbread Collagen Creamer and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well-incorporated.
- Add in the lemon juice and whisk again.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- For the glaze: add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high. Let the glaze sit for a few minutes to thicken. Best served on the gingerbread loaf when it has cooled slightly.
- Serve immediately.