Emma Uhrick is a Vital Proteins employee and food blogger (@kale_to_action on Instagram). Here, she shares her recipe for Chocolate-Coated Dates with a Coconut Cream Filling, using our Coconut Collagen Creamer.
If you’re like me, you’re always searching for something sweet that doesn’t include added sugar, fillers and artificial ingredients. Every night after dinner, I like to have a little something to finish off my meal. I’ve always had a hard time making grain-free desserts and frankly I don’t have the time! I also do not have as much time as I would like to create elaborate desserts. This is why these Chocolate-Coated Dates with Coconut Cream Filling are perfect for me.
Not only are they super simple to make, they are also filling! The Coconut Collagen Creamer I added in to create the filling provides extra protein and important MCTs thanks to the coconut milk powder.
I love these because I can easily trick my friends and family into thinking they are eating a normal unhealthy dessert. They taste just like candy but helps to promote stronger hair, skin, nails, joints and gut due to the addition of collagen. This recipe took me a total of 15 minutes, from start to finish, and leaves me with a sweet treat that is already portioned out and ready to go!
Chocolate-Coated Dates with Coconut Cream Filling
- 1 container of fresh dates
- 1 C unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 T coconut oil
- ½ T maple butter or syrup
- ½ C almond butter
- ¼ C almond flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Coconut Collagen Creamer
- In one bowl, mix and melt the chocolate and coconut oil together. Microwave 30 seconds at a time until fully melted.
- Once melted, add in maple syrup/maple butter.
- In a second bowl, mix almond butter, Coconut Collagen Creamer, and almond flour together until totally combined.
- Open up the dates and remove the pit in each one.
- Add almond butter mixture in the open space where the pit used to be. Close each date and dip in the chocolate mixture until totally covered.
- When all dates are stuffed and coated, sprinkle with a little bit of sea salt and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Store the dates in the fridge to insure the chocolate does not melt.