Amber Caudle is a chef and the owner of The Source Cafe. She recently launched her very own cooking class series, aptly titled “Cooking with Chef Amber.” Check out her recipes on chefamber.com and follow her on Instagram. Below, Caudle outlines her grocery haul for her weekly meals.
Set yourself up for success by meal prepping for the week on Sunday night. I make my grocery list and prep list, so I can stay on track. I grocery shop on Saturday and wash all of my veggies so I am ready for meal prep on Sunday.
We all know making your own meals at home is a guaranteed way to eat healthy. And the same can be said with our non-dairy milks. Start making your own seed milks and nut milks using either raw organic nuts/seeds or organic nut/seed butters blended with water for a fast, zero-waste milk!
RELATED: How to Make Almond Milk at Home
Another tip to keep in mind when grocery shopping: Buy mostly fresh produce. This move help to increase fiber intake. Seventy-five percent of my diet comes from produce, nuts/seeds and grains.
Chef Amber’s Weekly Grocery Haul
Here’s what I get at the grocery store:
- An assortment of veggies for a smoothie bowl (I’m talking cauliflower, delicate squash, zucchini and sweet potato)
- Seasonal veggies to roast and steam for meal prep
- Fresh cilantro for smoothies and salads
- Broccoli rice
- Apples, berries, bananas
- Tons of greens, carrots, zucchini, broccoli for green soup
- Celery (I juice celery every morning first thing)
- Beet chips
- Wild bison
- Wild sardines
- Sprouted raw pumpkin and sunflower seeds for snacks, seed milk and salads
- Raw paleo wrap
- Vegan cheese
- Fermented veggies
- Buckwheat flour for seed bread
Chef Amber’s Sunday Meal Prep
Here’s what I make on Sunday:
- My favorite green soup (recipe is on my blog, chefamber.com)
- I roast and steam veggies for smoothie bowls
- I roast seasonal veggies for salads
- I wash and cut all raw veggies for the week’s quick snacks and salad
- Seed bread (recipe is on episode 1 of Cooking with Chef Amber)
- Broccoli rice
- Wild bison sautée with veggies
- Carrot top pesto
- Seed milk