Balsamic vinegar originated from Italy almost one thousand years ago. It’s flavor is a lot smoother than it’s red and white counterparts, offering an almost sweet tang to a number of dishes, vinaigrette, and even desserts.
Besides it’s awesome taste, balsamic vinegar also touts some health benefits such as:
- Promoting healthy digestion
- Improves blood circulation
Balsamic vinegar’s low calorie count help bring fresh, fun flavors to numerous dishes without added sugars or preservatives. High quality balsamic vinegar won’t go bad for a long period of time, it acutally gets better as it ages. Combined with the beneficial amino acids and pure protein of Vital Proteins Collagen Supplements, and Vitamin C packed strawberries, these balsamic treats aren’t just a normal dessert or snack.
Balsamic Strawberry Collagen Bites
3 cups strawberries
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Protein
1 cup water
1. Place strawberries and balsamic vinegar into a sauce pot. Heat until simmering and cook for 7-10 minutes, until the strawberries are thoroughly cooked. Allow to cool.
2. Pour cooked strawberries into a blender or food processor and puree. Return to sauce pot.
3. Pour the water into a bowl and sprinkle Collagen Protein into the water. Let sit for 3-5 minutes. This will bloom the Collagen Protein.
4. Once bloomed, pour the Collagen Protein/water mixture into the sauce pot with the pureed strawberries and balsamic mixture.
5. Pour the completed mixture into a shallow baking dish and allow it to reach room temperature.
6. Once room temperature is reached, place dish into the refrigerator to allow it to set.
7. Once set, cut into squares or use a shape cutter. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container and refrigerate to keep fresh, but these delightful snacks probably won’t last long!
These collagen bites are perfect for an afternoon snack, or a healthy after dinner dessert. If you find them a bit on the tart side, you can always add a couple of tablespoons of pure maple syrup or raw honey.