Our turmeric honey face mask is anti-inflammatory and removes bacteria for a rejuvenating glow
If you already make a point to eat right, exercise, and you take care of your skin, you’re on the right track. But how do you achieve that natural glowing skin, especially in winter? We’ve combined a few of our favorite ingredients straight from the pantry that reduce inflammation, kill off bacteria, and naturally brighten your skin to form a quick, easy DIY face mask!
This face mask combines the anti-inflammatory powerhouse spice turmeric with bacteria-busting honey to brighten your skin and help clear blemishes along the way. Turmeric, known most commonly as a food seasoning, also has amazing benefits when applied topically. It is especially good for reducing inflammation and redness and can actually help reverse the appearance of acne scars when used over time.
Honey is a natural antibacterial agent that can treat and prevent acne. It is also highly moisturizing and soothing for the skin. Honey is chock-full of anti-aging antioxidants. All of these powerful benefits combine to create a natural glow – especially when combined with lemon, which also brightens skin and can reduce the production of excess oil.
When mixed together, these amazing ingredients, along with some coconut oil, you’ll notice added moisture and easier application. Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin is also used in the mixture also to help bind the ingredients together and exfoliate the skin. By sloughing off dead skin cells, your skin will shine brighter and prevent clogged pores.
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 2 tbsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Stir until the mixture has thickened. It may take a moment for the powder to combine and the coconut oil to “melt” into the mixture.
- Apply the mixture to the face. Wash hands immediately after application to prevent staining of the fingernails.
- Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse to reveal your natural glow!
- Wash face after to prevent tinting and moisturize as desired.